Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Theme Picked

So I picked  a theme for my contest entry in the anime 3d fan art challenge. https://www.facebook.com/groups/anime3Dcontest/


So I looked for a few days for a good idea to come up with. In the past the prizes for the contest have included prints of the winners piece as a statue and that above most else has been my motivation. I wanted to come up with something I or anyone else would want as a statue. So I ran through some Ideas of Haku from spirited away. Nothing. Thought of an epic howl sculpt but decided to save it.

I want to win this time and so I looked to one of the more inspiring movies to help me find a winning concept. Better put I wanted to find and image that felt brave and in a sense proud. So finally I came across a Princess Mononoke image and I knew that was my winning piece. The image below sells it for me.

I can see it sitting on my desk. Proud. Tall like a trophy. I'm ready. Here are a few more of the concepts ill be hodpodging together for inspiration.
 
 
Beyond ready to tackle this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment